Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the planning, implementing and monitoring of antibiotic stewardship outreach activities to advance the goal of improving appropriate antibiotic use.
- Develop educational materials on antibiotic stewardship and antibiotic resistance in coordination with ADHS and statewide antibiotic stewardship initiatives.
- Provide consultation, tools, and training for ambulatory centers, hospitals, long-term care facilities, and dialysis centers in coordination with ADHS.
- Build rapport with leadership at healthcare facilities in the State to promote collaboration in efforts to improve appropriate antibiotic use.
- Co-chair HAI Antimicrobial Stewardship Subcommittee meetings.
- Conduct onsite visits to healthcare facilities to educate doctors and nurses on antimicrobial stewardship programs.
- Provide written monthly reports on activities and progress.
- Evaluate program effectiveness to develop improved practices and methods.
- Assure compliance with all pertinent College, University and State and Federal rules, policies and laws.
- Maintain teaching responsibilities at the University of Arizona College of Pharmacy in Tucson.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities based on program needs, including managing and tracking multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to perform tasks with little supervision by using strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other professionals and other stakeholders.
- Ability to write and produce reports, technical references and other materials.
- Knowledge and understanding of appropriate antibiotic use.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to collaborate with professionals and teach in a cooperative manner.
- Experience working in a healthcare facility setting.
- Strong clinical practice, management and leadership skills.
- Degree in pharmacy (Pharm.D. or B.S. with equivalent clinical training).
- PGY Residency training (Infectious Diseases).
- Current license to practice pharmacy in Arizona or eligible to obtain license by first day of employment.
- Experience with public speaking, and/or teaching.
- Advanced skills in the use of computers, office and business software, and office equipment.
- PGY Infectious Diseases training preferred.
- Spanish speaking preferred.
Faculty / asst. prof. / lecturer
Tucson, Arizona 85721, US
Tucson , United States