The University of Kansas Medical Center (KUMC) Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science invites applications for a full-time (12 month) tenure-track faculty member to join our team at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. We are seeking applicants with an identified research agenda and experience with or shows promise of extramural funding. The PTRS faculty currently have excellent research initiatives within the themes of 1) Rehabilitation and Health Promotion in People with Pain or Neurologic Conditions; and 2) Innovations in DPT Education. We have interdisciplinary, team-based research collaborations with other departments and established KUMC centers such as the KU Alzheimer’s Disease Center, the Landon Center on Aging, KU Cancer Center, Biomedical Informatics, and the Frontiers Clinical and Translational Research Center. Opportunities exist for this new faculty position to mentor DPT and PhD students in research and to teach graduate courses in our DPT and PhD programs. The successful candidate will be expected to develop and maintain an extramurally funded research program and provide service within the university, profession, and community.
- PhD degree or equivalent in rehabilitation science or related field.
- Identified research agenda related to rehabilitation science.
*Teaching experience at graduate degree level.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- PT license in US (eligible for Kansas licensure strongly preferred) .
- Post-doctoral research experience.
- Established record of publications.
- Strong promise of extramural-funded research.
Faculty / asst. prof. / lecturer
3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160
Kansas City , United States