The Cardiovascular Center at the University of Florida College of Medicine – Jacksonville, is seeking a full-time Cardiologist/Medical Director of Heart Failure at the tenure or non-tenure accruing level of Assistant/Associate Professor. The Cardiovascular Center is a state-of-the-art facility servicing North Florida and South Georgia. Our rapidly expanding Cardiovascular Program is focused on teaching and education, clinical care and research. This position will report directly to the Chief of Cardiology. The following is a general description of duties and responsibilities for this position:
- Provide and maintain a high level of quality in-patient and out-patient noninvasive imaging (Echocardiography, transesophageal echocardiography, Stress labs, and EKG labs).
- Participate in off campus clinic rotation. Approximately one day a week will be in one of The Cardiovascular Center off campus Locations.
- Participate in the General Cardiology on-call schedule/rotation – currently one out of six weekends.
- Participate in CCU attending rotation, 1-3 months annually.
- Participates as requested in administrative functions necessary to ensure the effective and efficient management of Heart Failure Program.
- Participates as requested in Hospital’s plans and programs adopted to assess and improve the quality and efficiency of the heart failure program,, including , but not limited to , quality assessment and improvement , utilization review, risk management , and where applicable , infection control.
- Provides such supervision, management and oversight to heart failure program to ensure that professional services rendered meet or exceed accepted standards of care.
- Ensures the maintenance of accurate, complete and timely patient and other records regarding heart failure program in order to facilitate the delivery of quality patient care.
- Operates Heart Failure program in accordance with the requirements of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, American Medical Association, regulatory agencies, the policies and procedures of Hospital, Medical Staff bylaws, rules and regulations and current standards of medical practice.
- Active participation in Cardiovascular Fellowship training in the heart failure and clinical general cardiology areas.
- Participates in The Cardiovascular Center Quality Improvement Program/Committee.
- Develops and sustains a Heart Failure research program. Works with Medical Director of Research and Research Administrator to initiate Heart Failure research studies as well as seek out appropriate research protocols for heart failure program.
- Responsible for excellent communication with all referring physicians.
- Assist in marketing/promoting The Cardiovascular Center and Heart Failure Programs to community physicians and managed care organizations. Assist in the development of Business Plan for Heart Failure program, which includes mechanisms for volume growth and program expansion.
- Participate in monthly division meetings, administrative functions and institutional committees as requested.
Corporate / executive
Gainesville, Florida 32611
Gainesville , United States