Mid-level industry position
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About the role:
- This is an exciting opportunity to join Boston Scientific as a fellow in Research and Development for our Interventional Cardiology division with impact across multiple platforms and technologies.
- This technical role will lead development of complex electro-mechanical systems which comprise of multiple engineering displine challenges. This person will help to set and drive platform technology direction for next gen coronary therapy devices and evaluate strategic partnerships, with focus on technology and product development.
- This role has opportunity to drive technology evolution from early exploratory phase into commercial products, with a fast-fail and collaborative approach to product development.This person will also play critical role in developing strategic solutions to unique, significant and complex business issues which are highly innovative and ingenious by exercising independent and critical judgment.
Your responsibilities include:
- Lead the effort to identify and develop new technology and design solutions to drive innovations to meet customer needs.
- Recruit & mentor high potential technical talent.
- Responsible for technical decisions that may have significant impact to the company. Develops advanced ideas and guides their development into a final product, program, or process. Determines emerging trends and provides information across functional boundaries in areas of expertise.
- Defines projects and work tasks based on identified strategy and goals. Plans and organizes project assignments of substantial variety and complexity, including project resource requirements, budgets, schedules and milestones.
- Selects and applies advanced analysis tools to enhance product performance and/or manufacturing processes.
- Defines and/or assists with material characterization efforts to facilitate development and implementation of numerical analysis solutions.
- Develop & align key stakeholders around technical strategy.
- Understand anatomy, clinical use cases and user interface requirements to drive design decisions.
- Interfaces with Physicians/Cath lab personnel to identify needs and to obtain feedback on concepts and performance of new devices that influence future business recommendations and enhances BSC’s Intellectual Property portfolio.
- Combines internal and external (outsourced) sources, improve our capabilities to establish and work with institutions, external companies, networking, and leveraging contacts in various industries and research organizations across the globe.
- IP evlauation and generarions.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical, or other related engineering fields.
- Required minimum years of work experience (primarily in medical device or related field): 9 years with BS, or 7 years with MS, or 5 years with PhD
- Strong mechanical engineering skills over a broad range of products/applications.
- Demonstrated capability to lead high performing technical teams.
- Ability to lead teams through a structured approach to solving complex technical problems.
- Strong knowledge of Design Controls & Risk Management practices
- Personal drive, individual accountability & a strong bias for action
- Strong personal credibility & excellent communication skills
- Medical Device technology and product development experience
- Experience with system engineering of complex electromechanical products
- Solid experimental design and statistical analysis knowledge
- Working knowledge of advanced Modeling & simulation as input to product design
- Ability to interface effectively with customers to gather insight
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran