Senior researcher / group leader
Share this Job
# 75020 - Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
We are seeking a computational biologist with experience applying computational methods to integrate, visualize, and interpret data arising from metagenomic, transcriptomic, and proteomic analysis. The candidate will be expected to identify potential relationships and biomarkers within clinical and –omics data. He/she will use their expertise to integrate clinical data to model pathway interactions, the effect of exposure to various molecules of interest, and host microbiome interactions. This role will involve developing and maintaining state-of-the-art computational capabilities as well as building strong collaborations with clinicians, research scientists (biologists and microbiologists), and statisticians.
- Analyze pre-clinical and clinical data to identify biomarkers of oral health and disease
- Develop tools to visualize biological interactions and algorithms to predict responses to exposure to actives of interest.
- Interpret and communicate complex experimental results to both technical and non-technical business partners effectively.
- Analyze large data sets (e.g. –omics) and correlate to clinical outcomes
- Lead the development of statistical and machine learning-based models to leverage new insight into biological systems from –omics data (e.g., genomics, epigenomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics).
- Characterize changes in multiple-omics profiles under different conditions.
- Present technical findings to internal R&D community & management teams, external conferences, and to document findings in internal technical reports and/or external publications.
- Develop and lead internal and external collaboration to progress project initiatives.
- PhD with 4+ years postdoc or industry experience preferred
- Experience utilizing biological databases required
- Strong skills in systems-level data integration (NGS-derived) and predictive statistical modeling
- Experience developing models utilizing large data sets to identify biological interactions
- Experience in analyzing data from transcriptomics and metagenomic databases to provide mode of action and molecular pathway target info
- Skills in metabolic profiling
- Ability to effectively communicate the implication of –omics data to audiences
- Fluency in at least one scripting language, preferably python
- Experience in using statistical methods to analyze -omics data
- Knowledge of oral biology and/or oral microbiology
- Practical experience of next-generation sequencing data analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill's and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey Job Segment: Scientific, Biologist, Data Analyst, R&D, Engineering, Research, Data