Stevenson's Bachelor of Science in Nursing prepares you for the critical and expanding role of the nurse in today's healthcare system. The program's philosophy and focus emphasize the ethic of care, critical thinking, and a spirit of inquiry in education, practice, service, and research.
Stevenson's Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and approved by the Maryland Board of Nursing (MBON). Upon successful completion of all degree requirements, you are eligible for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) to become a registered nurse.
You enter the Nursing major upon admission to Stevenson, which provides you with program-specific guidance and continuity from the first semester. Clinical nursing courses begin in the third year and engage you in dealing with real-life issues in the world of healthcare. Small classes and clinical groups afford rich opportunities for you to build one-on-one professional mentoring relationships with nursing faculty.
As a Nursing student, you will complete clinical experiences at local hospitals and community-based settings to ensure breadth and depth in your applied nursing education.
What Will You Learn?
- Integrate the concepts of caring in nursing practice in diverse healthcare settings.
- Engage in holistic reflective nursing practice informed by the arts, sciences, and humanities.
- Exhibit competencies in critical thinking, communication, evidence-based decision making, scholarly inquiry and technical skills in the practice of nursing.
- Integrate professional competencies in the nursing roles of provider, designer, manager, and coordinator of care and participate as an active member of the profession.
- Assume ethical and legal responsibility and accountability in nursing practice, exemplifying the values of altruism, autonomy, human dignity, integrity, and social justice.
- Apply leadership concepts, skills, and decision-making in creating caring environments to promote health and healing in individuals, families, and communities.
1525 Greenspring Valley Rd, Stevenson, MD 21153
Stevenson , United States